Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Video - Performance for Governor Deval Patrick

Over the past eighteen months, I've had the honor of performing twice with my gifted student, Tanny Labshere, for Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick. I teach Tanny at Riverbrook Residence for Women in Stockbridge, MA. She is truly a success story of the State - in this video I explain why.

For our performances, we have chosen some of our favorite piano duets. The Governor's humanity and warmth have shone through each time we've played for him. I've been struck by that quality and, believing that it makes him worthy of support, I decided to become involved in organizing a fund raising event for his upcoming re-election.

At Suky and Tom Werman's idyllic Stonover Farm Inn in Lenox, MA (where my husband and I were married!), on a sparkling late summer afternoon, we performed our original duet interpretation of "When the Saints Go Marching In." It was a memorable moment!

No comments: